WELCOME TO ADVANCED HEARING AIDS
Advanced Hearing Aids has been providing the best hearing solutions to Berkshire County residents since our inception in 1996. Our mission is to provide exceptional customer service while utilizing the most current technologies in the hearing aid industry to fulfill the needs of all of our valued customers. Hearing loss is a very complex issue and we strive to offer specific solutions to each and every customer as well as ongoing service to ensure the optimal effectiveness of all of our products.
HOW HEARING WORKS EVALUATE YOUR HEARING
The ear, despite its small size, is a highly complex organ. Acting as a sound filter, the ear transforms sound audible to us into accurate information the brain can prioritize.
Each ear consists of delicate and highly complex mechanisms. In the “inner” ear, tiny sensory cells and nerve fibers pick up sound vibrations and transform them into electrical impulses for the brain to process.
If the ear is exposed to strong vibrations over time, the sensory cells and fibers can become damaged, if these are unable to heal or be replaced, this can lead to permanent hearing loss.
Do you suspect that your hearing is not as good as it used to be? The following questions will allow you to make a quick assessment:
- Do people seem to mumble or speak in a softer voice than they used to?
- Do you feel tired or irritable after a long conversation?
- Do you sometimes miss key words in a sentence, or frequently need to ask people to repeat themselves?
- When you are in a group, or in a crowded restaurant, is it difficult for you to follow the conversation?
- When you are together with other people, does background noise bother you?
- Do you often need to turn up the volume on your TV or radio?
- Do you find it difficult to hear the doorbell or the telephone ring?
- Is it difficult to carry on a telephone conversation?
- Do you find it challenging to pinpoint the location of the object (e.g. an alarm clock or a telephone) from the noise it makes?
- Has someone close to you mentioned that you might have a problem with your hearing?
If you have answered "yes" to any of the above questions you will certainly benefit from a free professional hearing consultation.